This section provides detailed reference documentation for working with React. For an introduction to React, please visit the Learn section.
The React reference documentation is broken down into functional subsections:
Programmatic React features:
- Hooks - Use different React features from your components.
- Components - Documents built-in components that you can use in your JSX.
- APIs - APIs that are useful for defining components.
- Directives - Provide instructions to bundlers compatible with React Server Components.
React-dom contains features that are only supported for web applications (which run in the browser DOM environment). This section is broken into the following:
- Hooks - Hooks for web applications which run in the browser DOM environment.
- Components - React supports all of the browser built-in HTML and SVG components.
- APIs - The
react-dompackage contains methods supported only in web applications.
- Client APIs - The
react-dom/clientAPIs let you render React components on the client (in the browser).
- Server APIs - The
react-dom/serverAPIs let you render React components to HTML on the server.
- Legacy APIs - Exported from the
reactpackage, but not recommended for use in newly written code.